search Menu

Compliments and Complaints

We welcome and value your feedback on your experience of our care as it helps us identify good practice and areas where we need to improve.

If you've had a good experience, think a member of our staff has gone the extra mile or have a suggestion on how we can improve our services, let us know in one of the following ways:

- Talk to your local service staff

- Send your local service staff a letter or email

- Contact our Patient Advisory Liaison Service  (PALS) on 0118 9605027 or

Making a complaint

We’re committed to providing excellent care and if you or a young person in your care have had a bad experience with one of our services, we want to know. This gives us a chance to put things right, learn from the experience and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Making a complaint is quick and easy and can be done phoning or emailing us on  0118 9605027 and

You can also contact us for support in talking to your local service staff so they can try and fix the problem.

If you’ve already talked to your local service staff and are still unhappy with the outcome, you can make a formal complaint in writing to our Complaints Office or our Chief Executive, Julian Emms.

Phone: 01344 415662. (If you leave us a message, we’ll get back to you within two working days.)
Fax: 01344 415627

You can get independent support to make a formal complaint by contacting SEAP (Support, Empower, Advocate, Promote) on  0330 440 9000.

Once we’ve received your complaint, we’ll follow the standard NHS regulations and assign you a senior manager who will deal with your case seriously and as quickly as possible.

We’ll get in touch with you to make sure we have as much information as possible. We’ll also talk to all the staff involved to find out what happened and, if you agree, we’ll contact any other agencies who may have been involved.

Once we’ve finished investigating, our Chief Executive Julian Emms will send you a formal response by post.

Unfortunately, we’re unable to investigate complaints if you’re taking legal action against us or seeking financial compensation. We might also not be able to investigate your complaint if it’s about something that happened more than 12 months ago.