Get your appointment letters straight to your phone
Great news, we're going digital! Soon you'll be able to get your appointment letters on your smartphone or tablet.
Our Adult Community Mental Health services and our Nutrition and Dietetics services are already using digital appointment letters. This will be followed by Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in early 2019.
- No more waiting for letters to arrive in the post, we'll simply send you a text with a secure link to your appointment information
- All the information you need to know about your appointment all in one place
- Confirm, request to rebook or cancel appointments with just one click. If you need to move the appointment we'll get in touch with alternative dates
- Add the appointment directly to your online calendar
- Convenient access to your information anywhere - on your smartphone, desktop or tablet
- Work out your travel plans with a real-time map
- Translation functionality in 99 languages or read aloud in a choice of 40 languages
Watch the video below to see how the digital appointment letter process works.
What happens if I don’t receive or respond to the message sent to my phone?
If you don’t access the appointment information portal within 48 hours of receiving the text message, a letter will automatically be sent to you. You’ll also automatically receive a letter after 3 unsuccessful login attempts to the portal.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
You will still receive a text message but won’t be able to access the portal link. A letter will automatically be sent to you.
How do I opt in to receive digital correspondence?
If you have registered a mobile phone number with your GP, you’ll be automatically opted in to receiving digital appointment information. If your details have changed or you want to add a new contact number, please speak your service.
What do I do if I want to opt out of digital correspondence?
If you don’t want to receive appointment information via text messages or through the portal, please contact your service or practitioner.